Safety Commitment NAU Hotels
NAU Hotels & Resorts
NAU Hotels & Resorts Group is committed to ensuring your safety and making your stay with us as memorable as it is safe.
To guarantee all health safety measures for our customers and employees are in place, the NAU Hotels & Resorts units have been certified with the “Clean & Safe” from Portugal Tourism Board in all of its nine units.
Besides this, we are executing a post-COVID-19 operational protocol where we defined additional measures and good practices to be followed in all golf courses and units.
Before your arrival
- Online check-in will be available via email which allows you to speed up the in-person check-in process by pre-filling information about your stay and therefore decrease the time at the Reception;
- Entry into the unit and circulation in enclosed spaces is only permitted with the use of a mask. If you do not have a mask, a Safety Kit that includes a mask, a pair of gloves and wipes with alcohol solution will be delivered to you by our staff. All employees and customers will have to be wearing masks indoors, including children over 10 years old.
- The reception desk was restructured to ensure everyone’s safety by adding glass protections at the service counters;
- The distance of 2 meters is marked on the floor to ensure that guests don’t stand too close the service counter;
- All materials and surfaces that will be touched during this process such as service desks, payment terminals and room keys are disinfected after each use. Payment via contactless cards or mobile phone (MBWAY or QR Code) are encouraged;
- After confirming the check-in information filled online through the online check-in, a Safety Kit will be delivered to each member of the family that includes a mask, a pair of gloves and wipes with an alcoholic solution;
- Upon arriving at the hotel, all guests will have a body temperature measurement check with a infra-red thermometer.
- All rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each use by two teams (one dedicated to removing clothes and waste and the other to cleaning and making beds) to ensure that there is no cross-contamination between accommodation units;
- Each cleaning staff will be equipped with disposable and dedicated cleaning material: mask, disposable gloves, and waterproof gown/apron;
- All bed linen and towels are washed at high temperatures to ensure the elimination of any microorganism;
- All surfaces (floor, furniture, dishes and walls) as well as curtains and others are cleaned thoroughly between customers;
- Single-use cleaning materials are used in each room such as cleaning wipes moistened with disinfectant, bleach and 70º alcohol, as well as different colored cloths for different areas;
- All rooms go through a thorough and rigorous cleaning process with suitable materials recommended by health authorities, added by prolonged ventilation to ensure the elimination of any infection remains;
Bars and Restaurants
- The capacity of all our outlets has been reduced to 50% to guarantee a low concentration of customers in the same area and to ensure that all tables have at least a 2m separation among them;
- In some units, it may be mandatory to reserve a table or service. At Salgados Palm Village it is obligatory to book all meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- If the reservation is for families or cohabiting groups, it is possible to change the table layout to accommodate more guests sitting together;
- All service counters and waiting areas have distance marks on the floor to ensure social distance among guests and staff;
- For the restaurant service, the terraces are the privileged option, and in some units, take-away service will also be available;
- In some restaurants, à la carte service is offered. In all restaurants, whether buffet or à la carte, hand sanitisers should be available at the entrance, and it is mandatory for all customers to sanitize their hands;
- The products in the buffet line will be prepared in single doses and will always be covered to avoid contamination;
- The paper menus will be replaced by online menus via QR Code and by acrilic stand-ups at the entrance of each outlet. In the case of apartments and villas, plasticized menus may be available, being completely sanitized between each stay;
For the takeaway service, the employee responsible for this service will wear a protective mask and proceed to disinfect hands and common areas of interaction such as service counters between each customer.
After payment, the payment terminals will also be disinfected.
The utensils and food boxes will be disposed or cleaned before each use;
- For the room delivery service, the courier will wear a mask when collecting and delivering orders and will disinfect his hands between the collection of orders, and before and after the delivery of each order and payment;
- Payment by contactless card or mobile phone (MBWAY or QR Code) is encouraged in order to avoid cash payments;
- Serving utensils are changed frequently. All furniture used by customers (tables and chairs) is cleaned and sanitised after each use.
Beach, pool and other activities
- Access to the pools is allowed, maintaining a distance of 1.5 meters between clients who do not belong to the same group. Sun hats of clients who are alone or in a group, must be at least 3 meters away, counted from the limit of the sun hats of other clients. Sun loungers will be disinfected after each customer’s use;
- Despite the establishment of these rules, the principle of common sense in the use of swimming pools is recommended, with guests being responsible for ensuring the necessary social distance among each other;
- Pool towels can be exchanged during your stay. The employee responsible for this process will wear a mask and disinfects his hands after receiving each set of used towels. Towel laminated cards that are used for this are disinfected between customers;
- On the beaches, a physical distance of 1.5 meters is recommended between users (who are not in the same group);
- A 3 meter spacing between parasols is recommended;
- Circulation corridors, parallel and perpendicular to the coastline can be defined. One-way traffic is recommended with a physical distance of 1.5 meters.
- All our employees have received specific training on the internal protocol for the outbreak of COVID-19, how to comply with pandemic infection prevention and control precautions, including hand hygiene procedures, respiratory etiquette and social conduct, how to comply with daily self-monitoring for fever assessment, how to comply with the guidelines of the Directorate General of Health for surface cleaning and laundry treatment;
- In the event of symptoms that indicate an infection, all units of the NAU Hotels & Resorts group have a fully equipped isolation room to ensure the safety of guests and employees;
- In this case, the security protocol will be activated for the investigation of suspicious cases in conjuction with the health authorities;
- After the use of this isolation room, it is subjected to an intensive decontamination process, whenever positive cases are registered and to the reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection procedures whenever there are suspicious cases.
- The capacity of our hotels are reduced and only the self-catering units given their characteristics of social distance, are maintaining their capacity at 100%.;
- All areas were revised to guarantee a spacing of at least 2m between guests, both in the common spaces as well as in the circulation areas;
- We also have disinfectant gel dispensers in all elevators, and the capacity of the elevators is reduced according to their volumetry;
- Access to disinfectant gel dispensers is available at various points in the hotel.
- Each cleaning staff member will be equipped with disposable and dedicated cleaning supplies: mask, disposable gloves, and waterproof gown/apron;
- We intensified the cleaning and disinfection of surfaces and equipment, both in rooms and common areas;
- All surfaces of regular contacts, such as elevator buttons, door handles, switches, are regularly disinfected throughout the day;
- Cleaning team use dedicated equipment to clean each surface to reduce the possibility of cross-contamination.
In case you have any further question, you can check the NAU Hotels & Resorts Internal Protocol that provides a comprehensive approach on all procedures taken to ensure an effective safety of everyone. SAFFETY COMMITMENT